Monday, November 10, 2008

Milestones

Gianna is just about to hit the 7 month mark! I can't believe it! Time sure has flown on by...makes me so sad =(
She still isn't forward crawling yet, though she tries so very hard. She almost has it down. She goes backwards and pivots her body around to go in another direction. She has learned, though, how to sit up from the laying down/being on her tummy positions. She is quite proud of that! She has also learned how to wave. She thinks that whole concept is funny =P
I am still nursing Gianna and so because of that, she is a bit clingy. Not too much though, she's still a really good baby. No one can comfort her like her mommy though and because of that, she relies on me a lot! LOL, what baby doesn't rely on their mom a lot, right? The part that is most rough is that she usually just lets me put her to sleep and not her dad. It is hard for me to be away cause she will get sleepy, but apparently her dad just doesn't cut it for her and he, well, he just lets her scream it out. I'm thinking about the whole weaning process right now, but we'll see when I will actually get to it.
Another thing Gianna has picked up is raising her arms out to anyone that puts their arms out to her. She likes to reach out for people. It is just so cute watching her excitement with all the new things she is learning to do.
Another thing Gianna likes to do is eat! LOL She has been eating the Stage 2 baby food jars and will eat 2 at each meal, except breakfast, when she has her bowl of rice cereal. She also has snacks between meals. I have tried her on a couple of the Stage 3 jars, which have pieces of food in them and with just her 2 bottom teeth, she handles them very well. With her being such an eater, I think we'll be moving up to Stage 3 full-time in no time at all!

Well, it's almost midnight, so I better go, I'm sure Gianna will be waking up sometime soon to be comforted by mommy =)

No comments: