So, to continue our story here, I'll move on to the next step...living together.
After just 5 months of dating, we decided the timing was right for me to move in with Anthony. I'll spare the details of all that though =) We lived together in a duplex in Davis for a couple of months before getting an apartment in Sacramento. I know some of you may think, wow 5 months, that's fast, but hey, when you know, you know. We had been dating 8 months when Anthony popped the question.
It was August 26, 2000. We had gone to his parents in the Bay Area for an overnighter. Anthony was supposed to take me shopping, but then made plans to help his dad with something. So when he said we would just take a ride instead, since that's all we had time for, I was a bit upset with him! LOL We drove out to Canada Road and came up to the water temple. There was a wedding taking place there. Anthony noticed that I perked up at that and asked if I wanted to stop. Of course I said yes, so we parked and watched from up the hill. We were standing under a huge tree when Anthony had said that he had something for me. I had asked what it was and he said I needed to come get it from his pocket. Well, for those of you that know Anthony, know how sneaky he can be and don't forget his "bad manners" ;P So anyway, I went for it, but then backed up, running away saying "You're going to fart on me!" No joke, I really said that!!! LMAO So anyway, Anthony assured me he would do no such thing, so I went back and opened his pocket. I pulled out a bunch of kleenex and looked up at him. He rubbed his nose and said he had used the kleenex to blow his nose earlier. Just as I was getting disgusted, LOL, he told me he was kidding and for me to open up the kleenex. I did as I was told and came to find an engagement ring...along with the wedding band and a note that said "Marry me, beautiful". When I looked up, Anthony had gotten down on one knee and and asked me to marry him. As you all know, I said yes! To think, I thought he was just going to trick me and fart on me!! =P
To make the day even more special...when we went back to his parents, there on the front page of their city's newspaper, was a big picture of the water temple where Anthony had just proposed! As I'm sure you all can guess, I cut that baby out and saved it. It is now in our special album right along with the note he wrote. Talk about meant to be!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment