Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Parenthood

I thought getting married was a huge step in life, but let me tell you, there's nothing bigger than finding out you're going to become a parent!! I can remember the day I found out we were expecting Vincent like it was yesterday.
It was August 16, 2002, see I even remember the date!! I was filled with complete utter shock, but felt happy, excited and blessed as well. I was a mix of emotions you could say! Anthony and I were both thrilled to start our new venture in life.
Vincent Anthony was born on May 3, 2003 at 7:19pm, after 43 hours of labor, at Sutter Davis Hospital. He weighed 8lbs and was 21 1/2 inches long. There are absolutely no words to explain how I felt when I held my son for the first time, as a first time mom. It was a scary, complicated pregnancy and delivery. I was deeply thankful that both Vincent and myself made it through healthy and safe.
When Vincent was 16 months old, we decided it was time for our family to grow!
Isabella Danielle was born on July 7, 2005 at 10:39 pm, at UC Davis Med Center. She weighed a whopping 10lbs 7.4ozs!! She was 22 inches long. I know, BIG baby!! We were all shocked as we were completely unaware at how big she was going to be. Her delivery was another scary one and for a few minutes, I thought I was going to lose my baby =( Thankfully the doctors and nurses went fast to work and after what felt like an eternity, my little Bella was breathing and crying. I have never loved the sound of crying so much before that moment. Despite her time without breathing/oxygen, Bella was a (very) healthy baby.
Two just wasn't enough, so in July 2007, we decided it was time to once again "expand".
Gianna Olivia was born on April 16, 2008 at 8:18am at UC Davis Med Center. I seem to not be able to have easy peasy pregnancies and Gianna wasn't about to let me down! I started having pre-term contractions/labor at 28-29 weeks. I was in and out of the hospital, on meds, constantly getting shots (to stop contractions) and had to get fetal monitoring done twice every week up until Gianna was born. Despite all that, she was born on her due date due to my being induced. Labor only lasted about 3 hours....I finally had an easy one! She came flying out! =P She weighed 8lbs 6 ozs and was 20 inches long.
Anthony and I have been blessed with three beautiful, happy and healthy babies. Sometimes I have to pinch myself just because I can't believe I have made it to where I am. I come across some people who think I'm so young, at 28, to have three kids, but I wouldn't change anything. My kids are my life and I would be lost without them!
Parenthood is most definetly an adventure. It has lots of ups and downs, but in the end, when the day is over, every second is so worth it!

No comments: